What Foods Cause Weight Gain?
Weight loss always comes down to calories in vs. calories out, over a period of time. So, there’s no specific foods that CAUSE weight gain.
However- there are certain foods that are loaded with calories and VERY easy to eat due to taste and texture.
These foods are also typically high in fat and carbohydrates, and low in protein.
Some examples of these foods are: donuts, cookies, chips, pasta’s with fatty sauces, rice dishes with fatty add-in’s, and processed meats.
How Can I Stop Gaining Weight?
The first step would be to start a food journal (writing down EVERYTHING that you consume) over the course of a week to figure out how many calories you’re burning. Then, you’d apply the Carb Manipulation Protocol.
The next step is to move more, consistently.
This means starting (or continuing) an exercise plan as your main calorie burner. Then you’d add non-exercise movement throughout your day.
This could be household chores, walking up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, walking to the store instead of driving, etc..
This is all you need to stop gaining weight, and in fast, will help you to start LOSING weight.
What Habits Make You Fat?
The top 7 habits that causes weight gain are:
- High stress- mental and/or physical stress causes chronically high cortisol levels.
- Drinking high-sugar beverages such as Coke or Starbucks specialty drinks.
- Eating too fast, which can cause you to eat way too many calories before your satiety signal kick in from your brain.
- Not exercising (or not moving enough during non-exercise activities).
- Not enough sleep (which artificially stimulates hunger).
- Snacking while busy (watching TV or doing anything online).
- Bonus tip- watch your alcohol intake!