Table of Contents
- Why Does Water Help You Lose Weight?
- Does water help you lose belly fat?
- When should you drink water if you want to lose weight?
- Does lemon water burn belly fat?
- What about adding apple cider vinegar (ACV) to my water?
- Is it better to drink warm or cold water for weight loss?
- Why is Water Beneficial for Weight Loss?
Why Does Water Help You Lose Weight?
Water is great for weight loss for several reasons. Keep in mind; to lose weight you need to take in less calories than you’re burning. Water helps in this instance because water is calorie-free. You can drink as much as you’d like!
We suggest you replace any sugary drinks you normally have, with water. Imagine how many calories you’ll save?
The other reasons water is helpful in losing weight:
- A glass of water can help you fill your stomach to make you feel full before a meal, helping you to eat less food overall.
- Water has a mild appetite suppressant quality, which can help you make better choices in your meals.
- Did you know that thirst (or dehydration) can sometimes masquerade as hunger?
- Drinking chilled water has been shown to increase your metabolic rate slightly, which leads to weight loss over the course of time. This is because your body needs to warm the water up, and this process uses energy to convert, which burns calories.
Does water help you lose belly fat?
As I discussed above, drinking water can help you lose weight (and by proxy, belly fat), by increasing your metabolism, and helping you take in less total calories during the day.
In addition- water helps cleanse your system (keeps you regular and flushes out the metabolic byproducts).
When should you drink water if you want to lose weight?
I typically suggest to my clients to drink a glass of water as soon as you wake up (to rehydrate after sleeping all night), then a glass of water before breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Outside of the glass of water before meal times (to lessen your appetite), anytime you’re thirsty.
Bonus Tip: Drinking a glass of carbonated water, or calorie-free seltzer tends to work even better. I like to drink La Croix or Aha brands of seltzer.
Does lemon water burn belly fat?
Adding lemon to your water will give it some flavor (and a calorie or two), but it won’t help you burn fat better than regular water.
What about adding apple cider vinegar (ACV) to my water?
Adding a teaspoon or two of apple cider vinegar to your water before meals does have some benefits. The alkalinity of the ACV tends to suppress hunger quite a bit, which leads to you eating less calories. The apple cider vinegar also tends to slow down the process of digestion of starchy carbs, which can lower blood glucose spikes, and keeps you fuller longer.
Is it better to drink warm or cold water for weight loss?
Warm water may have some benefits, but burning more calories is not one of them. If you’d like to burn fat, you’ll want to drink cold water. Because the water is cold, your body heats it up, which is the process that helps you burn calories.